Turning to your Manhattan, KS, dentist for regular checkups could be a lifesaver for your oral health.
Who is the one doctor that you see most often? For many healthy individuals that answer is a general dentist. After all, Dr. David Craft at Craft Dentistry in Manhattan, KS, provides you with the preventive dental care you need to protect your smile from common issues like cavities and gum disease. We can also detect and diagnose problems early on before they cause long-term damage.
So, how often should you visit the dentist?
Even if you’ve never had any dental issues before, it’s important that you still come in twice a year (every six months) for routine cleanings and exams. These visits are important because often times the early stages of gum disease and decay don’t cause any symptoms. By coming in every six months, you are making your oral health a priority. When caught early enough, many dental problems can easily be addressed.
When should I turn to a general dentist?
While our goal as your dentist in Manhattan, KS, is to provide you with the care you need to prevent dental issues, we are also here to diagnose and treat any problems you may be having. From decay and gum disease to traumatic injuries and jaw disorders, Dr. Craft can address it all and find the right solution for you.
You should turn to us if,
- You need to schedule a routine checkup for yourself, your child, or your teen
- You want to improve your smile through cosmetic or restorative dentistry
- You want to find out if you or your child could benefit from braces
- You want to treat your TMJ disorder
- You want to protect your child’s teeth from decay with dental sealants
- You are noticing symptoms or changes in your smile that warrant a professional evaluation
We provide comprehensive dental care to patients of all ages, from children to seniors, living in Manhattan, KS. If you aren’t sure whether or not you could benefit from seeing a dentist then ask yourself: When was the last time you visited the dentist for a checkup? If it’s been longer than six months, then it’s time to call (785) 370-4662 to schedule your next cleaning at Craft Dentistry with Dr. Craft!
Dealing with breakouts? Our dermatologists can help!
When it comes to treating acne, it’s easy to think you’re helping the issue when really you could be making it worse. This is why it’s a good idea to turn to our Bexley, OH, dermatologists, Dr. Matthew Zirwas and Dr. Jill Fichtel, if you are finding that at-home care isn’t reducing your acne symptoms.
Here are some simple lifestyle modifications you can try to improve the health of your skin,
- Be patient and allow a new acne product time to work. Even over-the-counter cleansers and acne treatments can take up to 12 weeks for the full effect. Before you decide to switch to a new product, give the one you are currently using about 12 weeks before deciding whether or not it’s actually working.
- Avoid using too many acne-fighting products at once. Too much of a good thing could actually be a bad thing when it comes to caring for your acne-prone skin. Furthermore, some of these products can dry out skin and cause irritation, so using too many of these products could actually make acne worse.
- Be gentle with your skin. Scrubbing your skin won’t make the acne better; it will only make it worse. Look for gentle cleansers and make sure to thoroughly rinse these cleansers off your skin to reduce the risk of irritation. Acne isn’t the result of dirt, so no amount of scrubbing is actually going to reduce your breakouts.
- Do not pop your pimples, no matter how tempted you may feel to do so. While our Bexley, OH, skin doctors have the proper techniques and tools to be able to safely extract a pimple without causing scarring, you do not. Picking and prodding acne will only make it worse and may lead to a permanent scar.
When to Turn to a Dermatologist
It’s important to recognize when it’s time to see a professional about your acne problems. If your acne is severe, painful, affecting your quality of life or isn’t responding to at-home treatments, it’s time to turn to us for an evaluation. We offer many ways to combat your acne symptoms, from antibiotics and oral contraceptives to laser therapy and chemical peels. The type of treatments we recommend will be based on the cause of your acne.
If you are battling acne in Bexley, OH, and over-the-counter medications and cleansers aren’t helping, it’s time to get the proper skin care you need for clearer skin. Call Bexley Dermatology today at (614) 947-1716 to schedule a consultation with us!
Using cosmetic dermatological treatments like facial fillers can help you look and feel younger, boost your confidence, and help make face-to-face interactions more enjoyable. Learning more about these procedures can help you make the best decision for your appearance possible. Find out more about dermal fillers and how they can help you with Dr. Matthew Zirwas and Dr. Jill Fichtel at Bexley Dermatology in Bexley, OH.
What is a dermal filler?
A dermal filler is a cosmetic dermatological treatment which provides the face with a fuller, more youthful appearance. The procedure itself takes only a few minutes and occurs right in your dermatologist’s office. With no recovery times or down periods, dermal fillers allow you to leave your doctor’s office feeling great about the way you look. Your doctor will inject the dermal filler directly into your facial skin with a super-fine needle. Facial fillers target the apples of the cheeks, under the eyes, the lips, and the jawline.
What can I expect during a dermal filler appointment?
First, your dermatologist examines the facial skin and marks the areas they think could benefit from dermal fillers. Then, you will lie on an examination table and prepare to receive the injections. Your doctor may cleanse the skin or use a numbing solution at the injection sites. After they inject the filler into the facial skin, you may notice some bruising or redness around injection sites, but topical icing can help with any discomfort and any discoloration should resolve itself within a day or two.
Dermal Fillers in Bexley, OH
Dermal fillers can help you look and feel more youthful, renewing your confidence and self-esteem levels. If you think you can benefit from this procedure, your dermatologist can help you ensure that this is your best treatment option. Some patients may benefit more from other types of dermatological procedures.
For more information on facial fillers, please contact Dr. Matthew Zirwas and Dr. Jill Fichtel at Bexley Dermatology in Bexley, OH. Call (614) 947-1716 to schedule your appointment with your dermatologist today!
Symmetrical faces and tight skin, and an overall youthful look are promoted every day. So, where does that leave you? Easy. At Bexley Dermatology in Bexley, OH, Dr. Matthew Zirwas and Dr. Jill Fichtel provide their patients with solutions to regain and rejuvenate that youthful look by using dermal fillers.
More About Facial Fillers
Dermal fillers are a safe, quick and an effective way to remove fine lines and wrinkles that provide a youthful appearance.
Dermal fillers used today are hyaluronic acid based fillers. Hyaluronic acid, also called hyaluronan, is a naturally occurring substance that contributes to cell proliferation. It does not require skin testing because it is found in the body. Hyaluronic acid based fillers are made from bacterial proteins. The transparent gel is injected into the facial tissue to eliminate wrinkles and smooth folds.
Types of Fillers
Different injectable fillers do different things. Here are a few types:
- Ultra Plus
- Juvederm Voluma
- Juvederm Ultra
Filler Time Expectancy
Dermal fillers don't last forever. Different facial fillers last for different intervals of time, some last several months, some last up to a year, while others last even longer.
Over time, the natural solutions injected into the body begin to break down where the body will remove it naturally. Fortunately, many of our patients love their results enough that they opt to get subsequent treatments before their results wear off. That way they can enjoy their more youthful results longer.
You'll find calcium-based fillers instead of hyaluronic acid in markets these days, just ask your Bexley doctor. These new dermal fillers include Radiance/Radiesse, which is FDA approved and said to last up to 18 months.
Dermal fillers have come a long way in the past few decades. Technological advancements have proven effective in creating safer products to rejuvenate your skin. If you have any questions about cosmetic facial fillers, don't hesitate to call your doctor at Bexley Dermatology in Bexley, OH.
How your dermatologists in Bexley, Ohio can help with acne
Acne doesn’t discriminate, affecting both teens and adults, causing unsightly, painful blemishes. The blemishes can appear on your face and body, affecting your self-esteem and self-confidence. It’s time to say goodbye to acne and hello to effective acne treatment from your dermatologist. Dr. Matthew Zirwas and Dr. Jill Fichtel at Bexley Dermatology in Bexley, Ohio want to share the facts about acne.
There are some things you can do that will help to prevent acne, including:
- Exercising, because sweating helps eliminate toxins from your skin and increases blood flow
- Avoiding greasy, fatty foods, dairy, and carbonated soda, in favor of vegetables and fruits
- Drinking at least 8 glasses of water every day to flush out toxins and keep your skin hydrated
- Avoiding makeup that clogs your pores, in favor of non-comedogenic products without oils
Acne erupts on your skin in many different ways. It can appear as:
- Whiteheads or blackheads
- Nodules or cysts
- Pustules or papules
You may be waiting around, hoping for your acne to go away by itself. This may be a mistake because if acne goes untreated, it can have permanent effects including dark spots and scarring. It’s a much better idea to seek out treatment from an expert, your dermatologist.
Professional acne treatment comes in several different forms, depending on the severity of your acne:
- For mild acne, your dermatologist may recommend products containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid to unblock your pores and eliminate small blemishes.
- For moderate to severe cases of acne, your dermatologist may recommend several treatments which can include:
- Oral and topical antibiotics to clear up any underlying bacterial infection causing or contributing to your acne
- Tretinoin medications to clear blocked pores and get rid of blackheads and whiteheads
- Extraction treatment to remove blackheads and whiteheads completely
Acne can also be caused by hormonal fluctuations during puberty, perimenopause, or menopause. Your dermatologist will suggest specific treatments for hormone-related acne.
If you suffer from acne breakouts, get some relief from your dermatologist. Just pick up the phone and call Dr. Matthew Zirwas and Dr. Jill Fichtel at Bexley Dermatology in Bexley, Ohio. Get rid of your acne by calling today!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.